1. What unusual thing happened to the heathen king of Bablyon? Daniel 2:1,3.
MY BIBLE SAYS: " Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; and his spirit was so troubled that his sleep left him....I had a dream, and my spirit is anxious to know the dream."
2. What would all the wisdom of heathen idol worshippers fail to do? Daniel 2:27.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "...The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;"
3. Who only could make known the dream, and what days of earth's history were involved? Daniel 2:28
MY BIBLE SAYS: "But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. "
4. What had the king seen in his dream? Daniel 2:31-35.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image.... whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible...This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, ...His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay...Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth."
5. What four world empires were predicted by this statue? Daniel 2:38-40.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "...You are this head of Gold."
A. Bablyon, which ruled teh world 605 B.C. - 539 B.C. was represented by the head of gold.
B. But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours..." Medo Persia 539 B.C. -331 B. C.
C. "...Then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth." Greece ruled 331 B.C. - 168 B.C.
D. "And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron..." Rome ruled supreme 168 B.C. - 476 A.D.
6. What would happen after the fourth empire? Daniel 2:41-43.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided;..."
The prophet Daniel predicted that the Roman Empire would be divided. The breakup of teh empire occured from 351 A.D. to 476 A. D. Daniel continued, "But they will not adhere to one another," (verse 43). History has followed this prophecy like a blueprint. Dictators and rulers have attempted to unite Europe through the centuries, but have absolutely failed.
7. Whose will be the next world kingdom? Daniel 2:44,45.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed;...The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure."
8. What will happen to the wicked nations of this world when Christ establishes His eternal kingdom? Daniel 2:44.
MY BIBLE SAYS: "...The God of heaven set up a kingdom, ... it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms..."
9. In a world in deep trouble, what does the Bible call the return of Jesus? Titus 2:13
MY BIBLE SAYS: "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"
10. Jesus' first coming enables men and women to be prepared for His second coming. What does Jesus desire to do for me through the cross to prepare me for His soon return? Titus 2:14
MY BIBLE SAYS: "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself His own (peculiar) people,.."
MY DECISION: Lord Jesus, I choose to follow you in all things, and be one of Your children. I want to be remembered when You come in Your kingdom.